Acne scars are sometimes unavoidable, even when the initial inducing years have elapsed. The scars can especially become unappealing and lead to emotional damage if they are not treated swiftly.
Healthpointe provides patients with an assortment of treatments and procedures that can significantly diminish or remove acne scars.
Acne Scar Removal Treatments
- Chemical Peels: Superficial scars are removed through the utilization of a chemical solution. This chemical is placed on the outer layer of the skin, which allows smoother and less damaged skin to replace the old skin.
- Laser Treatment: Laser resurfacing treatment utilizes laser beams to remove the surface layer of the skin while heating the layers underneath. The treatment allows new skin to form to envelop the surface layers. This causes the scars to become less noticeable. The treatment takes multiple sessions to achieve a lasting look with a quick recovery rate.
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): Photodynamic Therapy is a procedure that uses light to eradicate cells. PDT consists of a new medicine technique known as photosensitizer, which is either placed on the skin, taken orally or intravenously. The medicine is then activated with a laser that creates a form of oxygen that can eliminate unwanted cells. This technique is highly effective in reducing acne.
- Microdermabrasion: Utilizes fine crystals or minute diamond stubbed tips to abrade the skin and vacuum suction to remove the dead skin cells. This treatment is a simple, quick and painless cosmetic treatment with minimal risk. Microdermabrasion can assist in improving the skins appearance by diminishing fine lines, early sun damage and mild, shallow acne marks.
- Skin Surgery: Punch excisions are utilizes to remove acne scars via incision techniques. The results are thereby stitched back together.
- Soft Tissue Fillers: The scarred skin is expanded through the application of Juvéderm or Radiesse, which are mainly composed of hyaluronic acid found naturally in the body. This procedure is affordable and the reaction usually lasts between 6 months to 2 years.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you have any questions about acne scar treatments or would like to schedule an appointment for an exam please call (888) 510-9575 or contact us here